The Qwickly tool is a Blackboard building block that enables you to post announcements and send emails to a number of courses that you are enrolled as an instructor on, simultaneously.
To use Qwickly, you need first to add a new menu item to any one of your courses. This only needs to be done once, or you can add it into as many courses as you like.
Adding the Qwickly Tool
1. Select any course where you are an instructor (it doesn’t matter which one – choose one that you use often).
2. Ensure that the Edit Mode button is On
3. Click on the + symbol to add a new menu item and select the Tool Link option.
Using the Qwickly Tool
1. Click on the new link ‘Global Communication’ and this will bring you to the Qwickly tool.
2. You can either Post an Announcement or Send and email. In this example, we will select the option Send Email.
3. Enter the email content as shown in the example below. Select the particular courses that you wish the email to be sent to and finally click on the submit button. You also can upload an attachment by clicking on the Computer icon.
(With thanks to Margaret Forde for putting together the instructions and screenshots)