To assist in returning provisional semester 1 results to students, CELT is offering the following workshops:
Workshop: Returning Provisional Grades to Students in Blackboard
It is possible to return grades to students, in a secure manner, using the Grade Centre on Blackboard. Students will only have access to their own grades; it is not possible for them to see the grades for other students in the class.
This hands-on workshop will bring you through the steps necessary to ensure that you can securely return grades to students.
Tasks that will be included:
- Setting up the Grade Centre to ensure secure return of grades
- Creating a new column for provisional grades
- Releasing results
- How the student access grades
Depending on the group, we can look at more advanced tasks:
- Downloading the Grade Centre to work offline (in Excel)
- Uploading grades from whitesheets [new tool]
- Returning letter grades instead of percentages
- Exporting grades from Grade Centre to whitesheets [new tool]
Participants should be comfortable with the basic functionality of Blackboard.
- Tuesday 20th January 2:30 – 4:30 OR
- Wednesday 21st January 10:00 – 12:00 OR
- Tuesday 27th January 2:30 – 4:30 OR
- Wednesday 28th January 10:00 – 12:00
Numbers in each workshop are limited, so it is essential to reserve your place in advance. To book a place, please complete the form available online. Bookings will be taken on a first come basis, so early registration is recommended.
All workshops take place in AM102, Ground Floor, Arts Millennium Building
Further workshops on using Blackboard to enhance teaching and learning are planned. For an up-to-date listing of our events during the year, visit the CELT website at http://www.nuigalway.ie/celt/events/events.html