From 17 August, there will be a change in how instructors are assigned to their modules on Blackboard. Following a new integration with the AKARI Curriculum Management system, CELT will no longer be processing new Module Requests.
New 1516 course shells on Blackboard will be created by Monday 17th August. As in previous years, if you are currently an instructor on any 1415 course, you will automatically be given access to the equivalent 1516 course.
If you need access to a new course, either because you didn’t teach it in 2014/15 or because it’s a brand new module code, there are two possible ways to get access:
If there is already at least one existing instructor on the Blackboard course, that person can add you as an instructor. This is exactly the same process as before, and CELT would not have added extra instructors in the past anyway. For one instructor to add a new instructor:
- On the Control Panel, expand the Users and Groups section and click Users.
- On the Users page, point to Enroll User on the action bar and click Find Users to Enroll.
- Type a username or click Browse to search for users. Only users that are not already enrolled in your course will be identified in a search for users.
- Select or type as many usernames as needed. Separate multiple usernames with commas.
- Select a Role (Instructor or Teaching Assistant) and Enrollment Availability (Yes) for the users.
- Click Submit.
If there is no existing instructor on the Blackboard course, an instructor can be assigned by updating the Module Teacher field on AKARI. This action can be performed by the module owner or any of the module editors on AKARI.